Core Octogonal Dining Room
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This house plan is an intriguing plan with a bright, octagonal dining room at its core. The attractive brick and glass exterior is shaped like an eight-pointed star. Only the kitchen/garage wing breaks the symmetry.
- Light spills into the dining room through four sets of clerestory windows mounted at the crest of a soaring 22-foot vaulted ceiling. Back at floor level, walls on three of the room's eight sides create a hallway that separates the dining room from the bedrooms.
- The opposite side of the octagonal space is totally open to the living room, family room and entry, all of which have flat ceilings. Four handsome columns mark the boundaries. In the family room, two sets of French doors flank the fireplace, each set opening onto a wide deck that wraps around two sides of the home. The living room is also windowed on two sides.
- Angling off from the star pattern leaves the kitchen open to this spacious area, but slightly recessed. Features include: an eating bar with overhead cabinets, sunny eating nook, central work island with built-in cooktop, walk-in pantry, and direct garage access. Laundry facilities are close by, so it's easy to pop a load in the washer while fixing dinner, then move it to the dryer during clean up.
- Double doors open into the master suite, while a matching set across the room lets you walk directly out onto the deck for sunbathing, or star-gazing. Amenities here include a roomy walk-in closet and private bathroom with twin lavs, private toilet and oversized shower.