Cottage House Plan with a Loft Over the Garage
3 - 4
About This Plan
- This 4-bed house has a gable roof, brick and siding exterior and a shed dormer over the garage making room for a loft.
- A quaint brick archway defines the entry which opens to a the foyer leading to the open floor plan in back.
- The footprint is compact but there are many design features.
- A large vaulted family-dining area is the main gathering space in the home. The kitchen is conveniently located near the living area and all of the other rooms on this floor.
- The master suite and two other bedrooms are on the main floor and separated for privacy. The master bathroom is well appointed and includes a large walk-in-closet. The other bedrooms share a compartmentalized bath.
- The main floor includes the laundry room and mudroom entrance from the garage.
- The upper level holds the fourth bedroom, a full bath and a large loft with many uses.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,977 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,977 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 729 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,977 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 41' 0"
- Depth: 61' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 440 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick