Cottage House Plan with Smart Layout
About This Plan
- This cottage house plan features a floor plan that is small and large at the same time. A very smart layout provides for generous living spaces plus two bedrooms within it's modest 1178 square feet. This is one small yet simple and unique house plan.
- The exterior is simple and clean yet dramatic. The form is organized by a steep front-to-back gable that engages with a full width front porch and rear trellis. The sides are punctuated with more modest shed and gable forms. Modern style window units and smart crisp detailing give this house plan a distinctive cottage aesthetic.
- Inside the entry door the entire main floor volume is presented with kitchen, dining and living/sitting areas all smartly zoned. The entry and mud room with powder room are placed along the edge of the main space and the open stair lies on the opposite side. Upstairs the two bedrooms are positioned on the front and back of the main gable roof, with laundry and bath areas located conveniently in between.
- The house plan comes with a full unfinished basement foundation with crawlspace an add-on option. The basement indicates rough-in locations for a future bathroom.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,178 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 678 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 500 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 114 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 38' 0"
- Depth: 40' 8"
- Max ridge height: 28' 6"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"