Country Cottage With Drive-Under Garage
About This Plan
- A raised-seam metal roof atop its 44'-long front porch sets this country cottage apart. A sundeck is situated in the back.
- Light streams from the center dormer into the high foyer. On one side is the master suite; on the other, the living area with its fireplace bordered by shelving. Since dining space is provided off the kitchen, the great-room effect allows for either an oversized living area or a traditional living-dining arrangement.
- A laundry closet is conveniently sited off the informal eating area.
- Both linear and walk-in clothes closets are found in the master suite. The master bath includes both a walk-in shower and a garden tub, as well as dual lavatories separated by knee space.
- Upstairs, three bedrooms share a two-compartment bath, and loft space could become a children's study or playroom.
- Foundation: drive-under garage. A detached garage can be constructed instead (plans not included).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,008 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,132 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 876 sq. ft.
- Deck: 192 sq. ft.
- Storage: 64 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 300 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Walkout
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 44' 0"
- Depth: 46' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 0"
- Type: Drive Under
- Area: 664 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick