Country Farmhouse with Contemporary Appeal
About This Plan
- Here's a great country farmhouse with a lot of contemporary appeal. The generous use of windows adds exciting visual elements to the exterior as well as plenty of natural light to the interior. The front of the roof is punctuated by three dormers and has a 9:12 pitch.
- With exterior walls framed in 2x6, you can get a rustic look if you use log siding as shown.
- An impressive tiled entry opens to a two-story great room with a raised hearth.
- The kitchen conveniently combines with this area and offers a snack counter in addition to a casual dining nook.
- The family bedrooms are on the main level; an expansive master suite with an adjacent study creates a resplendent retreat upstairs, complete with a private balcony.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,669 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,093 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 576 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 1,312 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 52' 0"
- Depth: 46' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 9 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss