Country Home Plan with Lots of Glass
About This Plan
- Country styling is clear in the wide wrap-around porch and lots of windows let in light and bring in the views.
- At the center of the home, lofty vaulted ceilings and an open floor plan give a first impression of spaciousness in the dining room and family room. And although ceilings are lower in the other rooms, most of the other rooms are also quite large.
- Straight ahead of the French door entryway, a U-shaped stairway with polished colonial wood dowel posts and banister leads upstairs, visually separating the dining room from the family room. Due to its unconventional placement in the center of the room, a bridge at the top connects the stairway to the two upstairs bedrooms.
- Another set of French doors opens into a parlor with a colonial fireplace, a long mantel and built-in bookcases, while the entire area is illuminated by a wide bay window.
- Sliding glass doors fill the nook with light and offer easy access to the patio for outdoor dining when the weather is inviting. A woodstove is nestled in the far corner of the family room.
- The master suite includes a huge walk-in closet, shower and spa. It has two lavatories, one inside the water closet and the other next to the spa.
- Both of the upstairs bedrooms are large and one has a vaulted ceiling. An extra vanity in the shared bathroom provides additional make-up space outside the bathroom.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,598 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,923 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 675 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 60' 0"
- Depth: 67' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 858 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss