Country Home with Modern Features
About This Plan
- A wide wrap-around porch, complete with railings and posts, gives this home plan the appeal of an old-style country home. But the interior of this one-and-a-half story home is totally contemporary.
- Just inside the front door, a U-shaped stairway with polished colonial wood dowel posts and banister leads upstairs, visually separating the dining room from the family room. Due to its unconventional placement in the center of the room, a bridge at the top connects the stairway to the two upstairs bedrooms. The stairs and bridge create lofty perches for watching and joining the action below.
- A colonial fireplace with a long mantel is located off the large family room. Three walls of multi-paned windows flood the area with soft light.
- The kitchen, nook, and family room run together. Sliding glass doors fill the nook with light and offer easy access to the wood deck.
- A small utility room is tucked behind a bathroom handy to the double garage as well as the house. The master suite has a large walk-in closet and a private deck.
- The upstairs bedrooms share a bath. An extra vanity, which provides make-up space outside the bathroom, will be a sure hit with teens.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,140 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,609 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 531 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 49' 0"
- Depth: 64' 0"
- Max ridge height: 27' 11"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 600 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss