Country Home with Porch Living
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- The large porches of this sprawling country-style home plan extend living space to the outdoors.
- Placement of the master suite on the main floor provides privacy while the kids are still at home, and allows the homeowners to confine their living to the ground floor after the kids move on.
- The sumptuous master suite contains luxuries such as a long, L-shaped walk-in closet, a private spa, an oversized shower and double vanities. The sleeping area is easily large enough to accommodate a desk and a couple of easy chairs, in addition to a queen or king-size bed.
- A vaulted ceiling adds to the sense of overall spaciousness that pervades the rambling family room/nook/kitchen combination. A U-shaped open stairway juts out into the room, providing a perfect vantage point for viewing the scene below. The open space beneath the mid-flight landing is open.
- The open kitchen is roomy enough for multiple cooks to combine efforts without getting in each other's way. A vegetable sink is located in the work island, a large walk-in pantry is off to the side, and a utility room with built-in ironing board is but a few steps away.