Country Jewel with 3 Season Porch
About This Plan
- Arched windows put a contemporary spin on this country-style home plan complete with gables and a wrap-around porch. The placement of parlor and dining room on both sides of the entry is traditional, but the entryway, with its lofty two-story ceiling, is not.
- The great room and dining room have high ceilings too, in the 12'-14' foot range. Clerestory windows in the entry and dining room provide extra illumination.
- Columns and arches mark the boundaries of the bayed dining room. Double doors close to provide complete privacy in the parlor, which could just as easily be furnished as a home office. Shelves and a desk are built in.
- At the rear, two sets of atrium doors brighten the great room. A fireplace is flanked by built-ins.
- The large country kitchen has a large work island, walk-in pantry, windowed eating nook and a corner sink with a view. The three-season porch is perfect for protected outdoor dining. Utilities, basement stairs, and a small powder room are close to the center of activity.
- Double doors open into a good-sized owners' suite with a huge walk-in closet, a small deck, and a two-section bathroom with dual vanity and oversized shower.
- Two upstairs bedrooms share a bathroom. The front-facing room has a walk-in closet and an arched window that could be outfitted with a window seat.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,318 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,802 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 516 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 62' 8"
- Depth: 71' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 635 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss