Country Ranch Delight
About This Plan
- The railed porch stretches across most of the front of this one-story country-ranch-style home plan with a full basement.
- Inside, the ranch and country themes give way to a totally contemporary floor plan with all the modern amenities and plenty of extra storage space. A variety of group living areas, which cluster in the center of the house plan, separate the master suite and the other two bedrooms.
- The living room with fireplace can be as formal or as relaxed as you like. Because the covered porch mutes the light entering through the wide bank of windows, afternoon glare and sun-faded furniture will never be problems here.
- With no similar shading outside the formal dining room, if this side of the home plan faces west, some kind of curtains or blinds will be needed to diffuse the afternoon light from the double glass doors that open onto the deck. The rest of the day, the light will be appreciated.
- Best and most dramatically lit of all is the large family room. In addition to two big double windows, skylights set high in the vaulted ceiling positively shower the room with natural light.
- The master suite includes two closets: an oversized walk-in and a smaller one, lined with cedar. The suite also has two vanities, one inside the water closet and another outside. Across the house, the bathroom, small but serviceable, is located just inside the front door.
- An alcove in the back of the two-car garage provides extra storage space, and a workbench is tucked in a nook just outside the ample utility room.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,998 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,998 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,958 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 87' 0"
- Depth: 48' 0"
- Max ridge height: 19' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 635 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss