Cozy Retreat Centers Around Family Space
About This Plan
- A lofty vaulted great room and entry form the core of this cozy retreat. This single-level home plan could be easily adapted for wheelchair accessibility.
- This large space is naturally bright as well. Sunlight streams in through windows that rim most of the rear wall, while atrium doors in the nook swing open to access a partially covered patio.
- None of the family living areas are fully enclosed. Great room and nook are separated by nothing more than a peninsular fireplace, which can be enjoyed from the great room, nook or kitchen.
- The C-shaped kitchen wraps around a large work island that has an eating bar on one side. Families who like to cook together will appreciate the added work space, along with the storage cabinets below. A large walk-in pantry is tucked in the corner.
- Utilities are located in a pass-through space to the garage, convenient to the kitchen and secondary bedrooms as well. So if you get muddy working in the garden, you can take off your dirty things in the utility room then finish sprucing up in the bathroom right across the hall. Its central location makes for quick access from anywhere in the house, with the exception of the master suite, which has its own private bathroom.
- Amenities in the master bathroom include a dual vanity, spa tub, shower, and large walk-in closet. The master suite is vaulted and has a wide, boxed-out window, designed to accommodate a window seat.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,951 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,951 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 78' 0"
- Depth: 44' 0"
- Max ridge height: 22' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 528 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss
- 1st Floor Master Suite
- Butler Walk-in Pantry
- CAD Available
- Split Bedrooms