Cozy Rustic Country Retreat
About This Plan
- The designer adds visual excitement to the exterior by projecting the chimney roof downward creating a lean-to effect with plenty of storage for firewood underneath. Double-hung windows and circletop glass trim the fireplace area while accentuating the front facade.
- Rustic posts and railings define the front porch, while deep eave overhangs protect the entryway.
- First floor highlights include vaulted ceilings in each room.
- The spacious living room is warmed by the hearth fireplace and brightened by the innumerable small-paned windows that encircle it. In the far corner, an attractive open stairway winds its way to a cozy loft overlooking the space below.
- A window-bay expands the dining area, while at the rear of the home lies a compact, well planned kitchen.
- Situating the master bedroom on the first floor makes this design an ideal retirement, or starter home.
- Upstairs, a second bedroom (and loft) complete the design.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,125 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 900 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 225 sq. ft.
- Deck: 220 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 29' 6"
- Depth: 38' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick