Craftsman Cottage Charm
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- The widely set, tapered columns highlighting the front porch extend a warm welcome and add to this country cottage's Craftsman charm. Other Craftsman features include low gables, multipaned window uppers, and the shake-textured siding that accents the framed-out column supports.
- After passing through the wide front porch, you step inside a much wider open space where the living room, dining room and kitchen flow seamlessly together. Natural light washes in through two large windows in front, a slender window on the side, and an atrium door that leads out onto a covered side patio.
- Counters and cabinets line two walls of the kitchen. A large island adds more of both, and a deep pantry nestles under the stairway. Sink and dishwasher are on the inner side of the island, while a handy eating bar spans the other side.
- The owners' suite is on the main floor. The two-section bathroom has an entrance right off the hall from the kitchen, but it also has another door that links it directly to the owners' suite. The suite's walk-in closet is surprisingly deep for a home plan this size.
- Two more bedrooms are upstairs along with a bathroom and wide storage closet. These bedrooms are full height at center, with the down-sloping sides typical of attic rooms.