Craftsman Cottage Update Has Arched Porch and Tran
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- An eye-catching stone veneer arch links the bold squared columns that highlight this house plan's lofty front entry. Sidelights and an arched transom create a sparkling inner frame for the door, set further back in the recess created by the porch. All in all, it's stunning.
- The door opens into a vaulted entry with double doors on the left that lead into a home office. Immediately after the first of two overhead shelves, a passageway to the right offers access to three bedrooms and a bathroom. The opposite hallway, on the left, goes to the powder room, kitchen, owners' suite, mud hall, garage, and stairs to a recreation room over the three-car garage.
- Straight ahead, you step into a naturally bright and spacious vaulted great room. Light spills in through two skylights as well as two tall windows that flank a gas fireplace crowned by a gently arched, multipaned, clerestory window.
- A large, L-shaped island with a raised rim bounds the kitchen and great room. The side that fronts the bayed dining area is a long eating bar. Other kitchen amenities include: a roomy pantry, cook top with hood, built-in appliances, and a desk.
- Sliding doors in the dining room offer easy access to a vaulted and covered patio, that could be screened if desired. A deep utility room next to the kitchen also links with the covered patio. The toilet at its far end is conveniently placed for easy access.
- Luxuries in the vaulted owners' suite include: a walk-in closet, walk-in shower, spa tub, private toilet, and dual vanity.
- Three skylights and two windows brighten the recreation room over the garage, which has its own bathroom and closet.