Craftsman Cottage with Room to Spread Out
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Bold posts frame the vaulted porte cochere and entry. This single-story Craftsman cottage offers more than 3,000 square feet of indoor living space, plus a large vaulted rear patio. A breezeway links it to a two-car garage with two large storage rooms at the back.
- Natural light washes into the vaulted foyer through sidelights, a gently arched transom, and a row of windows near the top of the door. The den on the right could be a home office or third bedroom.
- One large gathering space fills much of the rear. The living room's vaulted ceiling is accented by widely spaced drop beams, and the cabinetry flanking the fireplace could house a home entertainment center.
- A wide, gently arched transom crowns the sliding glass doors and Craftsman windows on both sides of the sliders. Squared posts similar to those in front support a vaulted, covered patio that is easily accessible through those sliding doors.
- Back inside, double doors link the living room to a vaulted media room. The living room also flows seamlessly into a combination kitchen and bayed dining room. A six-burner cook top is built into the extended triple-angled work island. One side has a raised eating bar, and the two other sections have a lower counter with knee space below.
- Just around the corner is a generously sized utility room/mud hall. Notable features here include: a roomy walk-in pantry, two broom closets with shelves, pull-down access to attic stairs, a deep sink, a bench for footgear removal and storage, a half-bath, and direct exterior access.
- The vaulted owners' suite has a luxurious bathroom, and direct access to a private patio and hot tub.