Craftsman-Style Home Ideal for Retirees
About This Plan
- A broad front porch and gabled overhang add character and charm to this craftsman-style cottage. Lap siding, latticework detail and steeply pitched roof forms recall turn-of-the-century Victorian-styled designs.
- The first floor can accommodate all the living needs of a retired couple, with the upstairs reserved for visiting children or guests.
- The energy-efficient double-lock entry leads into the open-plan, cathedral-ceilinged living room, which features a built-in fireplace and is convenient to the den and the dining room.
- At the rear, both the kitchen and the master bedroom have access to the backyard deck. The first-floor bath can be reached from either the master bedroom or the hall.
- The two upstairs bedrooms share a second full bath and can be closed off when not in use.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,425 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,025 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 400 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 170 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,000 sq. ft.
- Deck: 196 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 32' 0"
- Depth: 40' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 2"
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss
- 1st Floor Master Suite