Craftsman-Style Vacation Cottage
About This Plan
- Designed for a side-sloping lot, this Craftsman-style cottage plan would make a wonderful vacation home. Wrapping around the house is a partly covered deck with a corner hot tub, just right for the casual vacation lifestyle.
- On the first floor, the great room, kitchen and dining room merge, further promoting a casual lifestyle. The great room is vaulted, rising to an expansive 17 feet, nine inches. Note the corner fireplace in the great room, the peninsula snack bar in the kitchen and the box-bay window in the dining room.
- Located on the first floor, the master bedroom sports a walk-in closet. The efficient arrangement of the bathroom on this floor allows for a powder room.
- Upstairs, three additional bedrooms and a full bath are ideal for youngsters or out-of-town guests.
- Ceilings: 9’ main floor; 8’ second floor.
- Foundation: crawl space.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,104 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,435 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 669 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 65' 4"
- Depth: 43' 2"
- Max ridge height: 26' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 600 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss