Craftsman with 1900's Flair
About This Plan
- The three-bedroom house plan is much larger than it looks from the front. It's about twice as deep as it is wide and boasts nearly 1700 square feet of living space, plus a covered porch, patio and two-car garage.
- Craftsman-style detailing gives the home a pleasantly familiar look that harks back to the early 1900s. Examples include the signature Craftsman windows, tapered columns atop stone veneer bases, and a cross-gabled roof. Novel tapered side trim on windows and the garage door echoes the shape of the columns.
- The interior floor plan is quite contemporary. Entering, you step into a foyer brightened by sidelights and a transom. Arched openings lead into the living room on the right, then two equal-sized bedrooms and a bathroom on the left. A roomy coat closet is straight ahead.
- Light spills into the living room through windows on two sides. Another arch links the living room to the dining room, which in turn is totally open to the kitchen. Pocket doors on the left side of the dining room slide out of sight to reveal a large study alcove with built-in shelves and a desk.
- Counters and cupboards line two sides of the large kitchen, while an island with a raised eating bar provides additional work and storage space. Other notable kitchen features include a step-in pantry, and sliding glass doors, which access a partially covered curved patio. Laundry appliances are nearby in a pass through that connects to the garage.
- Amenities in the home plans's master suite include a large walk-in closet and luxurious bathroom with dual vanity, shower and graceful claw foot tub.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,688 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,688 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 209 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 59' 0"
- Depth: 60' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 561 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss