Craftsman with Inner Balcony
About This Plan
- Hefty square columns, batt and board siding and a breezy covered porch give a nostalgic ranch house look to this Craftsman home. But this up-to-date plan is actually quite a bit larger and more modern than it appears.
- In the entry, light spills down from a gabled dormer, brightening this space as well as the balcony that overlooks it. Face inside on the balcony, and you can check out activities in the vaulted great room below.
- The kitchen is totally open to the vaulted great room and the dining room as well. A large work island adds to the counter and cupboard space, and doubles as a conversation or eating bar, if desired. Standing at the work island, you can chat with family members or friends elsewhere in the room, keep tabs on children or grandchildren, or enjoy watching flames in the fireplace.
- Utilities are nearby, in a large pass-through room that connects to the garage. Double doors in the foyer open into a room that could be furnished as a living room, home office, library, or whatever suits.
- Four bedrooms (or three and a recreation room) are on this upper floor. One of the bedrooms is actually a suite, complete with a walk-in closet and private bathroom. Two more bathrooms serve this level.
- And yet another bedroom, the owners' suite, is on the main floor. Amenities include twin sinks, a large walk-in closet, separately enclosed toilet and shower. Sliders open onto a private covered patio that's ideal for an outdoor spa.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,601 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,401 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,200 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Full bathrooms: 5
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 48' 0"
- Depth: 61' 0"
- Max ridge height: 28' 10"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 670 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss