About This Plan
- Vaulted ceilings abound in this design, increasing the open, airy feeling of an already spacious plan. An old-fashioned covered porch gives a country flavor to this medium-sized two-story ranch style home. Arched windows add a contemporary touch.
- One novel feature is a small balcony that overlooks the living room. Two dormer windows bathe the balcony, living room and entry area in soft natural light. A fireplace with a wide tile hearth spans the corner directly under the balcony.
- The only other room that faces the street is called a swing room, so named because it can swing from one use to another. Brightened by a stack of windows with an arch at the top, it could be an art studio, home office, sewing room, media room -- it is totally up to you. Add a closet, and you've got a guest room or fourth bedroom.
- Four skylights and a wealth of windows combine to make the sun nook even brighter than the rest of the home. And because it's separated from the kitchen and family room by half walls, light spills over into these areas as well. Sliding glass doors open onto a deck that is also accessible from the master suite.
- The kitchen is large enough to handle multiple cooks. A central work island does triple duty by combining extra counter space with a cook top and eating bar. Other kitchen amenities include a dishwasher, a pantry and double sink that faces into the sun nook.
- In the master suite, you will find a large walk-in closet and a private bathroom with enclosed toilet and shower. Another bathroom is located adjacent to the family room, just a door away from a generous utility room, complete with a laundry chute, a pull-down ironing board, and space for a freezer. The utility room is also directly accessible from the garage.Three bedrooms upstairs share one bathroom, which could be built with two basins as easily as one. And a full basement or partial basement could also be part of the plan.
- Ceilings: 8'.
- Foundation: basement.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,474 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,830 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 644 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,790 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 92' 0"
- Depth: 44' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 846 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss