Designed for Family Living
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Trios of slender squared posts highlight the arched entry to the welcoming front porch of this neotraditional home plan. The posts, window treatments, interior floor plan and vaulting are modern, while the shutters and gables are more nostalgic.
- Entering, you step into a high-ceilinged foyer, naturally illuminated by sidelights and skylights. The space opens out on the right into a vaulted living room, which flows into the dining room. A pocket door links the dining room to the kitchen.
- If you head straight down the foyer's hallway, you pass coat and broom closets on the right and a powder room on the left, before stepping into the relaxed and expansive family living area at the rear.
- Windows fill most of the rear wall, so this area is naturally bright on all but the darkest days. Cabinetry or shelves flank the fireplace at one end, while the nook and kitchen fill the rest of the space. Sliding glass doors in the nook open out onto a large patio.
- The C-shaped kitchen wraps around three sides, while a large work island anchors the center. In addition to its central cook top, the island has under-counter cabinets and is rimmed by an eating/conversation bar. The sink corner is windowed on two sides, creating an environment where potted plants will thrive.
- Three bedrooms and two bathrooms are upstairs, along with utilities, a loft and a bonus room. In addition to its large walk-in closet, the owners' suite has a dual vanity, soaking tub, and enclosable toilet/shower section. The rectangular bay that expands the vaulted front bedroom could easily house a cozy window seat.