Designed for Long, Cold Winters
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This traditional large home plan is designed to provide plenty of living space for spreading out during long, cold winter months. The central section of its exterior has a symmetrical, almost colonial look. Handsome brick columns support an arched and gabled entry that creates a frame highlighting the front door, accented by sidelights and an arched transom.
- That door leads into a dramatic two-story foyer. Double doors on the right open into a den or home office, while the opening on the left goes into a dining room that's windowed on two sides. Straight ahead, past the coat closet and stairway, the foyer opens out into a vaulted great room.
- Wide windows flank the gas fireplace centered on the far wall. These look out onto a vaulted and covered patio. Another set of multipaned windows is stacked above the lower set, while a taller, gracefully arched window arrangement crowns the fireplace.
- Standing at the kitchen sink, you can converse with people in the living room, or gaze out the rear windows. In addition to a work island, the kitchen has plenty of cupboards and counter space, and is completely open to the sunny nook. A walk-in pantry, wide and deep, is across the hall, just outside a large utility room with room for a freezer.
- The plush owners' suite fills most of the right wing. A French door offers direct patio access, and its private bathroom boasts a spa tub, oversized shower, dual vanity, private toilet, and a roomy walk-in closet.
- On the upper level, a balcony overlooks the entry and great room. Two bedrooms share a bathroom, and storage closets line the hallway leading to a window-bright bonus room that sits over the three-car garage.