Dignified Brick House Plan
About This Plan
- Solid, warm and substantial, brick is in, and the house plan glories in it. A full coat of bricks covers its entire exterior. Columns, keystone arches and corner quoins add to the dignified appearance.
- Family living areas dominate, with a swath of informal rooms cutting right down the center. The 18-foot ceiling in the foyer carries over into the street-facing, richly windowed eating nook.
- A plant shelf that overlooks the passageway, wraps around to the front, while another plant shelf marks the juncture of kitchen and great room.
- In the kitchen, two islands house a cooktop, sink, dishwasher and eating bar. Windows fill most of the rear wall.
- The front-facing study could be outfitted as a living room or guest room. A bathroom there is accessible from within, and from the hallway.
- Master suite and dining room both have classic coffered ceilings. In the master bathroom, a curved glass block wall next to the spa tub rounds out the space. Other features include: dual vanity, large walk-in closets, and separately enclosed shower and toilet.
- Secondary bedrooms are in the opposite wing, as are steps leading up to a bonus room and down to the basement. A pass-through utility room connects the house to a roomy three-car garage with added space for a shop.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,485 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,485 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 2,485 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 459 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 74' 0"
- Depth: 56' 0"
- Max ridge height: 30' 2"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 803 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss