Dramatic Front Porch
3 - 4
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Families seeking a home with abundant natural light throughout will find plenty to appreciate in this house plan. Outside, notice the graceful arched transoms crowning the entry, and wide, multipaned windows on both sides. Stone veneer bases support smooth, wooden columns to create a dramatic front porch.
- Inside the two-story vaulted entry, artificial light is rarely necessary during daylight hours. The same holds true for the vaulted great room, where two sets of windows (upper and lower) fill most of the rear wall. A gas fireplace, flanked by shelves or cabinets, provides a cheerful focal point when skies turn gray or dark.
- Standing at the kitchen sink, you face into the great room across a raised eating and conversation bar. The sunny nook, too, is totally open to this large gathering space.
- A guest room, home office or study is across the entry from the dining room. Double doors access this vaulted space. On the opposite wall, a pocket door provides direct access to the main bathroom.
- Light washes into this home plan's nearly octagonal master suite through multipaned windows on four sides. One of the windows is actually a French door that opens onto the patio. The luxurious master bathroom already boasts a spa tub, along with a walk-in shower, dual vanity, private toilet and large walk-in closet.
- Two more bedrooms, a bathroom, and a deep bonus room are upstairs. The front bedroom is vaulted; the rear one is expanded by a bay window.