About This Plan
- This large home has been custom-designed to make life easier for individuals who rely on wheelchairs for their mobility. All areas are fully accessible, with the exception of a loft and guest bedroom located on the partial second floor.
- There are four entry ramps allowing immediate access to any part of the house, decks, garage and the yard. In addition, all doors are 3 feet wide and some corners have 45-degree angles instead of the usual 90 degrees, while others are rounded.
- More special adaptations are found in the kitchen, where the range'top work island and counters also have rounded ends. French doors open onto the back deck from the adjacent family room and dining room.
- The downstairs bedrooms share a specially-adapted bathroom. The shower stall is designed to accommodate a wheelchair, and placement of the tub also allows easy access. Twin vanities provide plenty of space to spread out toiletries.
- French doors in the bathroom open into a fully accessible spa room. French doors in the bedrooms open on private decks with spa access. The master bedroom has a huge walk-in closet, and yet another vanity.
- Vaulted ceilings in the living room and entry foyer create a first impression of informal openness. The den, located adjacent to the front door, could easily double as a home office.
- Ceilings: 8' standard.
- Foundation: basement.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,312 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,853 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 459 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 162 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 117' 0"
- Depth: 50' 0"
- Max ridge height: 23' 9"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 849 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss