Economical with Vaulted Porch
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Stone veneer bases provide natural-looking support for wooden posts on the vaulted porch, and wooden handrails add to the nostalgic and welcoming ambiance.
- Its compact floor plan makes this home economical, to build as well as to heat. The footprint of the house and garage, not counting walkways or the patio, is a mere 40 by 40 feet. Gathering spaces fill the ground level; bedrooms and a large bonus room are above.
- The kitchen is at the heart of the main floor. It is separated from the living room but open to the dining room, which has sliding glass doors that provide access to a rear patio. A generous step-in pantry expands storage space.
- A short hallway links the kitchen to the garage. On one side is a bathroom; on the other is a fully outfitted utility room, complete with cabinets.
- Upstairs, the house plan's largest bedroom faces the street. It has direct bathroom access and boasts a walk-in closet as well. Two more bedrooms line the back wall.
- The unfinished bonus room over the garage is brightened by two windows, one nestled under the peak of a charming gabled dormer.