Economical yet Spacious
About This Plan
- This house plan fits easily on a small lot and is economical to build. In a home with such a compact exterior, you might well expect a somewhat cramped interior, but that simply isn't the case with this design.
- Vaulted ceilings in the entry, living room, dining room, family room, and master bedroom make the informalhome seem even more spacious. The living room is further expanded by a boxed-out window bay.
- While the large country kitchen is adjacent to the combination
- dining/family room, it isn't completely open. This arrangement keeps kitchen messes out of sight until there is time to deal with them. Other features include a sunny eating nook, a small pantry, and a pass-through counter to the family room.
- A small powder room is conveniently close to the kitchen, family room and entry. The utility room is also handy, tucked into a passageway between the two-car garage and the kitchen.
- Amenities in the master suite include a huge walk-in closet, spa tub and a separate shower. French doors from the bedroom open onto a wide deck.
- Two good-size bedrooms and a bathroom nestle under the gable that runs the width of the house plan. A railed bridge at the top of the stairs overlooks the family room, to the rear, and the entry hall to the front.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,092 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,593 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 499 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 51' 0"
- Depth: 44' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 464 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick