Efficient Use of Space
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Due to a minimum of wasted space, this farmhouse design makes the most of its square footage. Two covered porches are featured on the exterior, while five fanlights greet you at the front porch.
- Entering the home, you see the elegant fireplaced great room, which runs from front to rear and which features distinct areas for living and dining, defined by nine-foot, four-inch stepped ceilings. A bay window lets light into the dining area.
- A matching bay window provides a nice sitting space in the master bedroom with its tray ceiling and space for a closet or built-ins. Two more closets, one a walk-in, are found in the compartmented master bath with its dual lavatories, garden tub and separate shower.
- A third bay window adds character to the breakfast room off the kitchen; a vaulted ceiling unites these areas. There is a convenient pass-through to the rear porch from the country kitchen.
- Upstairs, a hall bath serves two bedrooms of identical dimensions, both with raised ceilings.
- Related Plan: Flip the master bed and bath positions with house plan 3874JA.