About This Plan
- Lofty brick columns flank the high, gabled entryway of this ranch house plan, giving a stately and spacious feel to a home plan that is actually on the small side. The brick facade and cultured stone sill on the front, windows positively exude solidity and permanence while the arched garage doors and window, as well as the round window, add grace.
- Designed primarily with empty, or nearly empty, nesters in mind, the home plan is compact and easy to care for. Once inside there are no difficult flights of steps to negotiate, and, if desired, the entry steps could be replaced by a gently sloping walkway.
- Inside, the sense of spaciousness carries over. Windows, which arch over and around the front door, flood the one-and-a-half story, vaulted entry area with warm, natural light. More windows form most of one wall of the wide, open great room, which combines the kitchen, dining, and living areas. Had the designer walled each room separately, following the traditional norm, this home plan would not be nearly so inviting.
- A covered deck, accessed from the great room by sliding glass doors, invites outdoor living when the weather is mild. The master suite also opens onto the deck.
- An angled extension on the eating bar creates more seating while giving a unique shape to the basically U-shaped kitchen. And the placement of the sink and dishwasher in the eating bar insures that those doing clean-up tasks need not be cut off from the rest of the room. Ample storage is available in cupboards and pantry.
- For increased privacy, the master suite is located on the opposite side of the family living area from the other two bedrooms. Each sleeping area has its own bathroom.
- A utility room is tucked between the garage and bedrooms.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,459 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,459 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 54' 0"
- Depth: 56' 0"
- Max ridge height: 19' 1"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 567 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss