Empty Nester Design
About This Plan
- An attractive wood siding exterior, trimmed in brick and topped by wood shakes, is pleasing to the eye. A generous front porch with waist high railing and front facing garage give an added symmetry to design.
- The entry leads directly into the vaulted family room. This room is the home's hub and large enough to entertain friends and family in comfort. Appealing plant shelves are available over the stairs leading to the basement. To the left of the entry is a unique hearth room. Built with either hardwood or tile flooring, and featuring a cozy fireplace, this room is the perfect spot for quiet conversations or rainy day reading.
- The two secondary bedrooms are both well proportioned and are divided by a full bathroom. One of these, if not in use, could be converted to a home office, music or sewing room. Each has ample closet space and a window.
- The master bedroom is quite impressive for a home this size. Amenities include a large closet with mirrored doors, personal access to the large back deck and a private skylit bathroom.
- The bright kitchen area, in addition to all the built-in appliances, has a nice walk-in pantry, Garden window and roomy breakfast nook. There is also a door to the back deck.
- A handy utility room is conveniently located near the inside access to the garage.
- Ceilings: 8'.
- Foundation: basement.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,605 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,605 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 56' 0"
- Depth: 42' 0"
- Max ridge height: 21' 3"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 497 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss