Energy Efficient House Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- These two designs are particularly energy efficient.
- All exterior walls employ 2x6 studs to permit the installation of thick insulation.
- The high cornice design also allows for more ceiling insulation. According to many experts, the use of 2x6's spaced 24" O.C. results in the need for less lumber and saves construction time. However, the energy-efficient features of these designs do not end with the basic framing members.
- Efficiency begins right at the front door where the vesti-bule acts as an airlock restricting the flow of cold air to the interior.
- The basic rectangular shape of the house spells efficiency, without sacrificing exterior appeal.
- Economy is also embodied in such features as back-to back plumbing, centrally located furnace, minimal window and door openings and, most important of all, size.