Energy Efficient Red Bungalow
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This bungalow-style home plan - with all the bedrooms on the upper level - gives abundant living space on the main level while using a small overall footprint.
- The full width front porch and triple stone/wood columns are nested under a steep gable roof.
- The front door opens to a corner foyer that is separated from the main living areas by a Craftsman-style staircase and landing. The ceiling of the foyer soars and upper level wall sconces provide indirect lighting.
- The dining area is defined by an octagonal ceiling coffer. Centered in the dining room is a large stacked stone column 2-sided fireplace.
- Beyond the dining room, and accessed from right or left, is the brightly lit living room with a media center.
- Adjoining and open to the dining area is the country-style kitchen. A double window over the kitchen sink opens views to the back yard, and a big work island sits in the center.
- Benches and a booth-type table are slipped into a nook.
- A screen porch opens immediately off the kitchen, extending dining options to the outdoors.
- A walk in pantry provides extra storage. The utility / laundry room doubles up as a mud room, and opens to a covered walkway leading to the free standing garage.
- An exterior stairway covered by a long roof overhang on the back of the garage leads up to a private studio / bonus space. This area might also become an efficiency apartment in the future.
- The second story holds all the bedrooms. Omit the wall separating bedrooms 2 and 3 for a larger space.
- This beautiful home is extremely energy efficient when constructed properly. The photos show it built with high tech solar hardware systems which were put in by the homeowner and are not part of the plan package.