This bungalow-style home plan - with all the bedrooms on the upper level - gives abundant living space on the main level while using a small overall footprint.
The full width front porch and triple stone/wood columns are nested under a steep gable roof.
The front door opens to a corner foyer that is separated from the main living areas by a Craftsman-style staircase and landing. The ceiling of the foyer soars and upper level wall sconces provide indirect lighting.
The dining area is defined by an octagonal ceiling coffer. Centered in the dining room is a large stacked stone column 2-sided fireplace.
Beyond the dining room, and accessed from right or left, is the brightly lit living room with a media center.
Adjoining and open to the dining area is the country-style kitchen. A double window over the kitchen sink opens views to the back yard, and a big work island sits in the center.
Benches and a booth-type table are slipped into a nook.
A screen porch opens immediately off the kitchen, extending dining options to the outdoors.
A walk in pantry provides extra storage. The utility / laundry room doubles up as a mud room, and opens to a covered walkway leading to the free standing garage.
An exterior stairway covered by a long roof overhang on the back of the garage leads up to a private studio / bonus space. This area might also become an efficiency apartment in the future.
The second story holds all the bedrooms. Omit the wall separating bedrooms 2 and 3 for a larger space.
This beautiful home is extremely energy efficient when constructed properly. The photos show it built with high tech solar hardware systems which were put in by the homeowner and are not part of the plan package.
All of our plans are designed by licensed architects and residential building designers. Each plan is designed to meet nationally recognized building codesforthe year they were created
No two plans are the same. We strongly encourage you to contactus for the contents ofany plan you may be interested inpurchasing.
Below is a listing of sheets typically included in our plans
1. Foundation Plan ‐ shows the foundation details.
2. Floor Plan ‐ shows the placement of interior walls and the dimensions for rooms, doors, windows, stairways, etc. of each level of the house.
3. Exterior Elevations ‐ show the front, rear and sides of the house, including exterior materials, details and roof pitches.
4. Building Cross Section ‐ shows details of the house as though it were cut in slices from the roof to the foundation. The cross sections detail the construction of the home, insulation, flooring and roofing.
5. Interior Elevations (when available) ‐ show the details of cabinets such as those found in the kitchen, bathroom and utility room, fireplaces and other special interior features.
6. Roof Plan ‐ provides a bird’s eye view of the roof's valleys, ridges and dormers, if applicable
7. Electrical Plan (when available) ‐ shows the suggested locations for fixtures and outlets. Please contact us to see if an electrical plan is included in the plan set.
8. Notes & Details ‐ provides information for structural specifications, excavating and grading, masonry and concrete work, carpentry and wood specifications, thermal and moisture protection and specifications about drywall, tile, flooring, glazing, caulking and sealants.
All of our plans are designed to provide the information needed to build your home. Because of the wide range of requirements throughout states and municipalities, it is possible that the plans may not have all of the information required by your building department. If this is the case, we recommend hiring a local design professional or engineer who can assist bringing the plans up to your local building code.
Some states require that a licensed architect or engineer review and stamp the plans. If this is the case where you will be building, a local professional will be able to assist you.
Important Extras: Sold separately
1. Readable reverse Plans ‐ The layout is reversed and all the writing is corrected so you can read the writing. With this option, all of your sets will appear the way you want to build the home. This option is available for an additional charge.
2. Mirror Reverse Plans ‐ The lettering and dimensions will read backwards, so you will need to order at least one set non-reversed as a reference copy.
3. Itemized List of Materials (when available) ‐ includes the quantity, type and size of materials needed to build your home.