Energy Smart House Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- When built to specs, this right-sized energy-smart 3 bedroom house plan saves you 40% to 50% on your energy bills.
- In this net-zero-ready design, the AC/Heating equipment is designed within the A/C conditioned spaces through the use of chases strategically designed below the attic space. The result is 10' volume ceilings and huge energy savings.
- An addditional energy-saving feature is the use of raised heel trusses offering more effective attic insulation and deeper overhangs and porches to shade the largest windows.
- Additionally, Cailfornia Corners and 2x6 framing enables the use of greater exterior wall insulation and roof real estate is optimized - particularly in the rear of the home - in case a power-producing PV array and/or solar hot water system is added. Paired with a solar water heater and built in the right climate, this house plan could result in net $0 energy bills (significant savings achievable even without the solar component; HERS ratings as low as 0 - see HERS Index link for more information).
- This house plan is available in three elevations and has an optional room layout (both layouts included with plan purchase).
- Related Plans: Get European styling with house plan 33025ZR and Mediterranean flair with house plan 33026ZR.
- For a larger version, see house plan 33027ZR (2,500 sq. ft.).