Equipped for Family Living
3 - 4
About This Plan
- Stucco, brick and multiple roof lines combine to make the this a visually appealing house plan from every angle. Brick corner quoins add stateliness and impart a sense of permanence.
- This house plan has a side entry 3 car garage with a workbench and storage. What it doesn't have is a living room, but for many contemporary families that's no loss. Family members would likely spend most of their time in the bright and spacious great room anyway. Two sets of French doors provide natural illumination, and a vaulted ceiling enhances the sense of openness. Shelves flank the fireplace.
- The bayed dining room has a vaulted ceiling and a pocket door allows you to shut out the noise and mess of the kitchen.
- The kitchen and nook have 10' ceilings. Cozy and inviting, the half octagonal nook is a great place to linger over a morning cup of coffee or tea. The sink and dishwasher are built into a long work island. A storage closet is under the stairs, opposite another storage area. Utilities and a small powder room with a shower are mere steps away, equally convenient to the garage.
- The master suite serves as a quiet adult retreat. Its bayed sitting area is ideal for reading or sewing. Bathroom features include a soaking or spa tub, a large shower, twin lavs, a walk in closet and a private toilet. The adjacent room could be outfitted as a bedroom, study or office. It has a window seat, nestled between two closets.
- Two more bedrooms are upstairs in the Wichita, along with a bathroom and a long storage closet. The front facing dormer window could be built with a window seat.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,285 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,797 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 488 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 63' 0"
- Depth: 61' 0"
- Max ridge height: 23' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 754 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss