European Chateau-style Extravagance
About This Plan
- European extravagance, dazzled with chateau style, makes this enormous manor home the epitome of luxury and charm. A dramatic display of windows and a glorious arched entrance beautify the exterior.
- Stately steps lead up the front porch to double doors which open inside to the spacious two-story foyer. A dramatic double staircase cascades into the foyer, which is flanked on either side by the formal dining room and study.
- The plan affords maximum entertainment with a bar complimenting all social areas. Straight ahead, the lofty two-story grand room is illuminated by a wall of windows at the rear.
- An enormous hearth warms the entire room and is flanked by built-in shelves.
- The cozy keeping room, warmed by second fireplace, is open to both the casual bayed breakfast room and the gourmet island kitchen. The three-car garage is located nearby. The left wing of the main floor is almost entirely devoted to the master suite and sitting area, which provides a large mater bath with circular tub and see through shower.
- Upstairs, all of the family bedrooms feature their own private baths.
- The optional fifth bedroom can be converted to a home office and has a bath.
- Access to the second floor is made convenient because of private staircases on the east and west wings of the house.
- Related Plans: For an alternate design see house plan 12040JL (4-car side-entry garage). Also don't miss house plan 12021JL.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 6,712 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 4,308 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 2,404 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Full bathrooms: 5
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 114' 0"
- Depth: 79' 0"
- Max ridge height: 33' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 444 sq. ft.
- Count: 4 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick