Exclusive Energy Smart Coastal House Plan
3 - 4
About This Plan
- This home plan is what our customers like calling a “New Old-Florida” style home. It’s the traditional Old Florida style with a more contemporary twist such as a low-pitched metal roof with deep overhangs and taller more contemporary windows without mullions — allowing lots of sunlight to flood in. And it's exclusive to Architectural Designs!
- The entry foyer leads past the study with it sliding pocket doors and the formal dining room.
- Imagine entertaining your guests and being able to open an entire wall of sliding-glass doors. Indoors and out are all your domain, perfect for big and small parties. Add to the fun with an outdoor kitchen and bar, with window pass-thru.
- Meanwhile the informal dining area is convenient to the extra-large gourmet kitchen with eat-at-island. Dual walk-in pantries lead to a powder bath that services the kitchen and garage areas.
- The mud room features built-in cubbies, bench and a desk for storage, alongside the utility room with sink - a perfect drop off space for dirty shoes and back packs. There’s even a laundry chute from the upper floor guest bath to the mud room below.
- On the other side of the home is the secluded owner’s suite. A private entrance buffers the suite from the public spaces and offers a window seat directly ahead. A generous bedroom provides rear views and a door access to the covered lanai. Dual walk-in-closets direct you back to the owner’s bath with all the amenities.
- Upstairs two guest bedrooms flank a central loft area that accesses the balcony with french doors. Each guest room has its own bath and walk-in-closet. A storage closet is tucked behind the stairs, and the AHU closet is part of our trademark ducts in conditioned space (for super energy efficiency).
- Our best energy-saving building techniques are included in the Home Plan, so when built to specs, they can offer energy savings of 50-60%, compared to a typical new home, constructed to code minimum.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,544 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,431 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,113 sq. ft.
- Lanai: 375 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 238 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Stem Wall
- Standard Type(s): 2x6 and Block
- Width: 79' 10"
- Depth: 66' 10"
- Max ridge height: 28' 5"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 915 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Primary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss