Expansive Cape with Apartment Below
3 - 7
About This Plan
- This cozy evocation of our nation's past employs a spacious gambrel roof popular with early New England settlers.
- The roof shown provides, at a minimal cost, space into which the owners might choose to someday expand.
- The optional upper floor is included with the plans and gets you two more bedrooms plus an open sitting area.
- The lower level apartment is accessible by its own outside stairs and also by the internal stair.
- It may be built broadside or gable-end to the street; either way it is a picturesque, comfortable-looking (and affordable) family seat.
- Related Plans: Eliminate the finished lower level with house plan 11613GC.
- Get an alternate exterior with house plans 11617GC (Tuscan with one story) and 11618GC (Tudor).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,156 sq. ft.
- Lower Level: 1,008 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,156 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 148 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 570 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7
- Full bathrooms: 2, 3, & 4
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 46' 3"
- Depth: 25' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 6"
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 8' 0" First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick