Expansive Front Porch
2 - 3
2, & 1
About This Plan
- This is designed for use as a vacation home but could also be used as a year round home with its spacious kitchen, utility room and great room/nook
- Square wooden posts support a front porch that spans most of the front facade. A rustic wooden handrail bounds all but the entry section of the porch and wraps around to enclose the long side deck as well. An old-fashioned porch swing would be right at home here on the covered porch.
- The side deck is directly accessible from both the great room and one of bedrooms.
- A lofty vaulted ceiling slopes up from both sides of the great room to an apex centered over the entry. Windows on three sides, including four on the second level, make this an exceptionally bright space. A freestanding wood stove (could be gas or pellet, if preferred) provides warmth
- One of the secondary bedrooms has a walk-in closet and a private bathroom complete with shower. The other has direct access to the main bathroom.
- Pop-up dormers expand the available head room in this home plan's loft, creating a space large enough for a double bed and windowed sitting area. Three more windows brighten the bathroom, which has a large soaking tub/shower combination.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,749 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,280 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 469 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2 or 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 42' 0"
- Depth: 48' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 7"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick