Exposes Views through Handcrafted House Plan
About This Plan
- Cedar shakes blanketing the house plan give it a handcrafted look that blends right in with a natural environment. In fact, this basically hexagonal, country-Craftsman-style home would be ideal for construction on a lot with a splendid view.
- The house plan contains wide deck that wraps across the entire rear.
- A vaulted hexagonal space is at the core. Short wings extend off on two sides, then angle forward to partially encircle the covered entry porch.
- Windows sparkle across the back three sections of the hexagon, creating a great room as bright as it is lofty. A spiral stairway at center circles up to a loft that caps three of the six sections. Hence, the kitchen, utility room and part of the living room have nine foot-high ceilings that are flat instead of vaulted. A clean and inviting gas fireplace nestles into one corner.
- A long eating bar separates the kitchen and the great room. This large kitchen boasts a huge pantry plus a generous supply of cupboards and counter space.
- The view from the master suite is every bit as remarkable. This adult retreat has its own sitting area, with a second gas fireplace. Master bath luxuries include: a large walk-in closet, spa tub, dual vanity and oversized shower.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,635 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,372 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 263 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 2,277 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Daylight
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 83' 0"
- Depth: 75' 0"
- Max ridge height: 22' 9"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 784 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss