Eye-Catching Rounded Planters
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Unusual rounded planters draw eyes to this home plan, a midsize, single level home. Stone veneer lends its variegated textures to the planters, wainscoting and columns. High on the roof, the parade of clerestory windows nicely echoes the grid on the garage door. This plan is designed for construction on an upsloping lot, but it could also be built on flat ground. No living space would be lost, only basement areas.
- Entering from the right, you walk between a planter and a nearly rounded bay window to reach the railed porch. Inside the foyer, diffuse light streams in through a transom and sidelight. Mirror-image double doors open into the library/study on the right, and the office on the left.
- Straight ahead is a bright and spacious vaulted living room. Display shelves with recessed lighting wrap around three sides. During the day, light washes in through the high row of clerestory windows facing front, as well as skylights and wide windows at the rear. A gas fireplace and home entertainment center fill part of the left wall.
- Openings into the dining room and kitchen are on the right, as is a pass-through in front of the kitchen sink.
- The luxurious master suite, plus a guest room with private bath, fill the left wing.