Family and Entertainment Core
About This Plan
- Vaulted ceilings increase the sense of spaciousness in the central section of this house plan and dormer windows brighten the living room and dining room. The open floorplan is easy to adapt for wheelchair accessibility.
- Formal spaces and an office are at the front while everyday activities take place at the back. Secondary bedrooms are to the left, master suite and utilities on the right, close to both the kitchen and the garage.
- Easy-to-clean ceramic floor tile extends from the vaulted entry to the hallway that accesses the secondary bedrooms, dividing the formal from the informal in the process. A centrally located woodstove provides heat and visually separates the dining room from the family room.
- Skylights combine with two walls of windows to bathe the family room and nook in natural light. The entertainment center can be viewed from the kitchen, family room and nook. French doors open onto a wrap-around deck with space for a hot tub.
- Standing at the kitchen sink, you can gaze out across the nook to the deck and beyond. The kitchen has two eating bars, one in the central work island and another in front of the sink.
- Other conveniences include a large pantry, accessible from three sides, and built-in appliances A cooktop, microwave, oven and dishwasher. A broom closet lines the hallway to a large utility room with a deep sink, fold-down ironing board and space for a freezer.
- In the owner's suite, a huge walk-in closet provides plenty of storage space. The vanity is located outside of the separately enclosed, skylit toilet and shower. Access to the deck will be particularly appreciated if there's a hot tub outside.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,072 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,072 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 54' 0"
- Depth: 70' 0"
- Max ridge height: 23' 3"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 585 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss