Family Home or Vacation Retreat
About This Plan
- A covered porch wraps around two sides of this charming Craftsman home, merging with a good-sized deck in back. A blend of shingles and siding adds character to the exterior. The design adapts well to vacation living but would also serve well as a family home.
- On the first floor, a large island integrates the kitchen with the rest of the living space. The fireplaced great room and the dining room slope up to10 feet, maximizing the rear view across the deck.
- The master suite, complete with private bath, is sited across the hall from a mudroom with laundry facilities that opens to a bath and allows quick clean-ups. The bath can also be accessed from the hall.
- Upstairs, four additional bedrooms have well-planned bathroom facilities to accommodatee children and guests of all ages.
- Foundation: crawl space.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,202 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,174 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,028 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Full bathrooms: 4
- Standard Foundations: Daylight
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 43' 0"
- Depth: 46' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 8"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick