Family Living in Two Versions
About This Plan
- Distinctive treatment of three front windows, combined with hipped roof lines, gables and a wood-railed porch, lends elegance and grace to this impressive home plan.
- From the two-story entry, you can access the den with its 10-foot ceiling and three-section transom window, the dining room with its bay window and hutch space or the great room with its towering ceiling and quartet of windows.
- Off to one side is the master suite, where a walk-in closet and raised ceiling distinguish the bedroom. In the luxurious master bath, corner windows flood the whirlpool bath with light.
- The L-shaped family quarters consist of a bowed breakfast area with two exits to the outdoors, a well-designed kitchen with two pantries and a gathering room with a cathedral ceiling, raised-hearth fireplace and bookcase. A large food preparation area in the kitchen flows into the casual living areas.
- Bedroom two upstairs enjoys its own bath. Bedrooms three and four share a compartmented bath.
- Related Plan: For an alternate layout and a second floor bonus room, see house plan 40694DB.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,979 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,158 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 821 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 2,158 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 153 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 64' 0"
- Depth: 65' 4"
- Max ridge height: 29' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 692 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick