2 - 3
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Family privacy is assured in this L-shaped home with no ground-level street-facing windows facing the street and a sideways-facing garage. Contrary to expectations, the interior of this home is not dark. Windows along the back and left side more than make up for the lack of windows in the front. And the shapes of the rooms are unique. Odd angled corners can be found in all of the rooms, with the exception of the bedrooms.
- Especially bright are the vaulted great room. Wide expanses of glass fill most of two walls and French doors open onto a side deck. A clerestory window near the apex of the vaulted ceiling bathes the area in natural light. This window could be adapted for passive solar heat, if desired.
- The long, angled eating bar adds counter space to the kitchen and can accommodate six or more stools. A woodstove provides additional warmth during the coldest months. Utilities and a small pantry are tucked into a passageway between the kitchen and garage.
- Just to the right of the entryway is an odd-shaped den, or home office. The room has a small closet, so it could be used as a third bedroom, if needed. Another closet is in the hallway, across from the bathroom.
- A master suite and second bedroom fill the other wing. The master suite features a large walk-in closet and a private bathroom with a shower. The second bedroom also has plenty of storage space. A closet fills one entire wall. An odd-angled guest bathroom is centrally located, close to the second bedroom, den, entryway and kitchen.
- Ceilings: 8' standard.
- Foundation: crawl space.