Fantastic Great Room
About This Plan
- This 1,218 square foot house plan would make an excellent purchase for the first time homebuyer. For a family with small children, the floor design offers a substantial amount for your building dollar.
- The handsome wood exterior projects a solid permanence and adds greatly to the curb appeal. The covered front porch leads to a recessed entry that has a vaulted ceiling and a roomy coat closet.
- To the left of the entry are the sleeping areas. The master suite is quite spacious and features a large walk-in closet with plenty of shelves, window to the back yard, and a private bathroom.
- Across the hall are two good-sized bedrooms. Each has sufficient closet space, and one contains a built-in desk. This room could function as a sewing room, den or home office. In the hallway are a full bathroom and a linen closet.
- The main section of this floor plan is designated as a great room. This combines the living room, family room and dining room into one huge uncluttered expanse.
- The adjacent walk-in kitchen is placed for maximum efficiency. Along with all the appliances, there is a step-in pantry and garden window. Meals are easily served in the dining area or, weather permitting, open the sliding glass doors and dine on the back patio.
- An added feature is the direct access to the kitchen from the garage. This allows you to carry groceries right into the house plan without worrying about the climate outside. A utility area is at the rear of the garage.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,218 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,218 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 54' 0"
- Depth: 38' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 494 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 5 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss