Farm-Style Home Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This farm-style design is a big house for a big family. Its wide wrap-around porch, tall, slender windows, high-pitched roof and wood siding combine to give it a definite turn-of-the-century look.
- Columns and arches flank the entryways to both the formal living and dining rooms and each is brightened by a large bay window.
- Family living centers on the great room at the back of the house. The big kitchen has a large nook as well as two eating bars, all a part of the huge family room. A walk-in pantry and a fireplace nestle together on the far side of the nook. A laundry chute extends up to the third floor.
- The utility room is a generous size. Utilities can be hidden behind pocket doors, allowing this room to double as an office or guest room if desired.
- There are four bedrooms on the second floor and two more on the third.
- The master suite offers all the amenities, not to mention the elegance of a big bay window. It has a huge walk-in closet, spa tub, separate shower and double vanities outside the tub area. Another bathroom on this floor serves the other three bedrooms. It has its own linen closet as well and compartmentalized vanity.
- Three dormer windows expand the living space on the top floor. The bathroom here has another double vanity and linen storage is just across the hail, next to the upper access to the laundry chute. Slender windows, which wrap around the landing between the second and third floor, create a charming half-circular getaway nook.