Farmhouse For Today
About This Plan
- An up-to-date version of the classic two-story farmhouse, this house plan is complete with a wrap-around porch and arched windows.
- A dramatic angled staircase spotlights the two-story foyer. Nine-foot ceilings are standard throughout the first floor, with a vaulted ceiling in the family room.
- The spacious U-shaped kitchen includes a center island. The adjacent breakfast area flows into the family room with its corner fireplace and stunning rear window wall. On the other side, the kitchen abuts a formal dining room connecting to the living room.
- In the second-floor hall, a balcony overlooks the family room below. Three secondary bedrooms, one with a walk-in closet, share the hall bath. A vaulted ceiling and his and her walk-in closets are featured in the master bedroom, while the luxurious, skylit master bath includes a double vanity, a platform whirlpool tub, separate shower and linen closet.
- Foundation: standard basement, daylight basement, slab or crawl space.
- Related Plan: Need more space? See house plan 3847JA.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,470 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,290 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,180 sq. ft.
- Deck: 217 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,290 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x4 or 2x6
- Width: 51' 0"
- Depth: 41' 10"
- Max ridge height: 33' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 421 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick