About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Whether you call this cool exterior passage a porch or a verandah, this house plan has a long one. It begins in front of the utility room, sweeps past the stairs, living room, and den. Inspired by the sweltering summer days of the Deep South, this feature allows plenty of space for catching the breezes while avoiding the sun.
- The interior is equally spacious with nine-foot ceilings throughout. None of the rooms are cramped, and some, such as the master suite, family room and living room, are quite large. Luxury amenities in the isolated master suite upstairs include a skylight, and elevated custom spa, twin basins, shower unit, sun deck, a walk-in closet, and an additional vanity outside of the bathroom.
- A vaulted den is to the left of the entryway with French doors for privacy or openness. Family living areas are at the center of the home; children's bedrooms are to the right.
- A lengthy raised eating bar with a vegetable sink provides partial separation between the kitchen and family room. A walk-thru pantry/wine storage is nearby, close to the nook and large dining room.
- Fireplaces warm the family room and the bayed living room. The one in the living room has wood boxes on both sides of it, with shelves overhead. Four skylights brighten the family room.
- Each of the three additional bedrooms has walk-in closets. The guest bedroom has a private bath and deck. Each of the other two bedrooms has its own basin, and share access to a separately enclosed tub and toilet.
- Amenities in the large utility room include a deep sink, fold-down ironing board, closet, and freezer.