About This Plan
- Designed with the needs of an active retired couple in mind, this home plan has everything needed for day-to-day living is on the first floor while the spacious guest suite upstairs, complete with private bath, stands ready to accommodate guests.
- The sky lit computer room/home office offers flexible-use space and could be outfitted with a folding couch, to accommodate additional guests.
- A wide window bay brightens the master suite, adding space for a sitting area. The suite also has its own private deck. Small skylights provide natural illumination in both the master bathroom and the guest bathroom. The two bathrooms are separate, but each opens on a shared tub and shower compartment.
- Closets line the hallway. Half of the closet in front of the entry serves another purpose. Open to the family room at the front, it houses stereo equipment. Closed to the entry hall by a sliding door at the back, it conceals the tangle of cords that bristle from the back of stereo equipment while providing easy access. An additional 9 by 13 foot storage area is located behind the utility room.
- For the most part, day-to-day family living and informal socializing take place in the huge kitchen/family room. A fireplace adds warmth and color. Notable kitchen features include a sunny eating nook, a central work island, a step-in pantry, and a garden window in front of the sink. A large utility room, complete with generous counter space and a sink, are close at hand.
- A skylight illuminates the entryway and a high, arched window, flanked by multi-paned windows, adds elegance to the living room. Ceilings in both the living room and the dining room are vaulted.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,221 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,853 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 368 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 52' 0"
- Depth: 71' 0"
- Max ridge height: 29' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 565 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss
- 1st Floor Master Suite
- Butler Walk-in Pantry