Five-Sided Turret Room
About This Plan
- A five-sided turret room along with an upstairs bay window with scalloped shakes and architectural trim overhead accent this design. A pillared porch goes across the front of the home and carries on to the sides.
- Inside, a sweeping staircase leads upstairs while French doors lead to an office with corner storage and hidden entertainment center. Beyond are a full bath and a linen closet. The family room and nook are one large open space.
- The open kitchen has a center island and plenty of counterspace. The dining room has French doors that open onto the covered porch.
- Upstairs, the master suite has two large walk-in closets, a U-shaped open bath with an oversized tub and shower, a large linen closet, a vanity, and his-and-her sinks.
- An upstairs utility has a sink and drop-down ironing board. There is also a folding counter and large walk-in linen closet. Bedroom 3 has a large wall closet, and corner windows. A full bath with a tub separates bedroom 3 and 2. Vaulted bedroom 2 has windows on four sides of the turret-shaped room.
- Ceilings: main floor 9', second floor 8'.
- Foundation: basement.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,419 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,734 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,685 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,695 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 468 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 82' 8"
- Depth: 53' 8"
- Max ridge height: 33' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 1300 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 8' 0" First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 9 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss